The Police Officers Labor Council:
- Provides TOTAL service, from contract preparation and research, negotiation, mediation, ACT 312 Arbitration, grievance handling, grievance arbitration, unfair labor practice handling and court enforcement.
- The Police Officers Labor Council represents over 350 units.
- It has the largest full-time professional field staff of any union representing Public Safety in the state. All staff members are highly-trained and skilled in the profession of labor relations and work in various locations throughout the state.
- All members are eligible to participate in the Cops Trust Health Insurance Program
- Provides Legal Representation to Labor Council members and units for ACT 312 proceedings, discharge and discipline matters as well as other administrative and court proceedings.
- It allows each member unit to be independent of other units and entitled to a pro-rata voice at the annual delegates meeting of the Labor Council.
- Offers representation on legislative matters through our affiliation with the Michigan Police Legislative Coalition provided by the firm of Karoub Associates.
- Offers representation on legislative matters at the national level through our affiliation with the National Association of Police Organizations (NAPO) located in Washington, D.C..
- Provides Service and Availability throughout the State of Michigan.
- Care about the welfare of all its members.
- Offers the very best.
The Governmental Employees Labor Council (GELC) dedicates itself to the betterment of public employees through representation of its members in collective bargaining and other labor relations matters. To this end, this organization will:
Assist in and promote the formation of collective bargaining units for public employee personnel.
Act as a collective bargaining agent for members and members’ units.
Engage in collective bargaining, mediation, and arbitration, if necessary, for the purpose of improving wages, hours and conditions of work and advancing the rights and promoting the security of members.
Provide expert research analysis for negotiations, fact finding and arbitration.
Maintain full-time professional staff representatives, not part-time employees.
Arrange Legal Counsel for all hearings.
Offer the very best to members.
Page Last Updated: Feb 27, 2023 (08:44:09)